It's good to be back in full swing BRACKET MODE. Below is my updated bracket through games ending February 3, 2017.
The FULL S-CURVE:
Few notes on the bracket:
- Butler is 14-3 vs. the RPI Top 100 - Dogs could arguably be a 2-seed
- Xavier and Iowa State are both 0-5 vs. the RPI Top 25
- Florida is loved very much by advanced metrics, but they are 1-4 vs. the RPI Top 25, and their best wins are vs. Miami and at Arkansas (#25 in the RPI)
- Wichita State's #78 RPI rating hurts them (and Illinois State's future at-large hopes)
- Georgetown is making an enormous push with wins vs. Oregon, at Syracuse, at Butler, and vs. Creighton
- I can't believe I have Georgia Tech and Tennessee in the Field of 68. These teams should be terrible
- A potential second round matchup between Gonzaga and Michigan State makes me tingle downstairs
- Despite Florida State's recent tumbles, their resume is too good to bump them off the 2-line
Hate my bracket? Love my bracket? Just wanna say hey? Tweet at me @MidRange_Report or @_3MW_ -- Happy to engage in some sweet convo!